How can you find the best cruise ship jobs if you have no experience?
If you work on board a cruise ship you are guaranteed to get paid to travel the world - but is it all it's cracked up to be?
And how can you stand out from the stacks of resumes flowing into cruise ship companies every day?
Our guest today is a true expert on this topic. Amanda Hathorn-Geary spent a decade at sea AND worked on the human resources side which means she was responsible for hiring newbies like us.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The #1 reason to work on a cruise ship
- Pros and cons of cruise ship jobs
- How much money you can expect to earn working on a cruise ship
- Why working on a cruise ship is a great way to save money for travel (even if you work in an entry level position)
- How cruise ship work can lead to longer term career opportunities
- What type of travel experiences you’ll have
- Which cruise ship job positions can give you the most amount of time for travel
- How you can leverage cruise ship jobs to accomplish your top bucket list items (think dogsledding in Alaska, feeding Kangaroos in Australia, and on and on)
- What day-to-day life is like working on a cruise ship
- How to stand out in a stack of resumes
- What skills you’ll build for future careers
- The most desirable positions on the ship
- How NOT to answer a key interview questions
- And loads more
How To Get A Job On A Cruise Ship - Free Resource Guide
Cruise Ships 101
Cruise Ship Jobs Quiz
Sign Up For Our Free Wander Work Newsletter
Other Podcasts From The Travel Jobs Series
How To Become A Whitewater Rafting River Guide
How To Work For The Airlines And Fly For Free
Subscribe to the Zero To Travel Podcast on iTunes
17 Ways To Find Thousands Of Travel Jobs